Architects are responsible for driving Technology & Good Practices in Engineering in their respective teams. We are a rapidly growing & constantly improving organization. We seek very high levels of ownership in all individuals, especially roles like this – ownership of systems in your team and their impact on the entire company’s eco-system. Going beyond your role & contributing to make the organization & business better is an expectation. Actively participate in development along with team members for as much as 75% of their time, creating modules & systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
In this role you will
- Participating in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions.
- Being responsible for Scaling, Performance & Quality for the team.
- Setting up best practices to help the team achieve the above and constantly thinking about improving the technology use are your responsibilities. Driving the adoption of these best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team.
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
- Implementation of long term technology vision for your team.
- Responsible for the architecture of your product; ensuring it is aligned to the requirements and the charter.
- Active participant in technology forums & represent company’s in external forums.
- Creating architectures & designs for new solutions around existing and new problem spaces at company.
- Drive technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them.
You (Must Haves):
- Quick & Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex & large scale problems.
- Technical Breadth – Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Very Strong System design and OO skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
- Solid coding skills with ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercise & improve coding standards across large code bases.
- Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Good understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems.
- Experience & exposure to a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to complete product development cycles – From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements,re-architectures - the Architects should have seen it all. Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 3+ years.
- Excellent Mentoring skills – Be the technical mentor to your team.
- Must be comfortable working in fuzzy environments – where boundaries aren’t clearly defined.
- 10+ years of overall experience.
- B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required. Your Array (Nice to Haves):
- Good sense of system characterization and identification of technical requirements
- Good learnability and adopt technologies that help build large scale, performant, reliable and sustainable systems.
- Architectural & Design Choices, Deep knowledge on one or more tech stacks, identify alternative tech choices and trade-offs
- Strong problem Solving skills, Identify feasible alternatives and freeze on the optimal choice of data structures and advanced algorithms
- Ability to work in fuzzy environments and complex environments
- Able to take high ownership of complex system components and drive it to the next level
- Good exposure both with tech breadth and tech depth
©2020 GetYourJob. All rights reserved.